Guides from ADAP
Special Education: A Right Not a Favor - Introduction
Chapter 1 - Evaluation and Eligibility
Chapter 2 - Writing Your Child's IEP
Chapter 3 - Transition
Chapter 4 - Behavior and Discipline
Chapter 5 - Conflict Resolution
Chapter 6 - Section 504
Chapter 7 - Early Intervention
Special Education: A Right Not a Favor - Appendix
Special Education - A Right Not A Favor Survey - Your ideas will help us develop future materials.
ADAP publications can be downloaded, to be sent in an attached e-mail, or printed to your printer.
- A Family Guide to ISP - Individualized Service Plan (ISP) for children and families receiving services from the Alabama Department of Human Resources.
- Access to Protect and Advocate - an overview of the P&A access authority with regard to monitoring and investigations.
- ADAP Agency Brochure - a brochure outlining what services ADAP offers.
- ADAP's Goals and Priorities - view the current fiscal year's goals and priorities for ADAP.
- ADAP Newsletter- archives
- Autism Services for Medicaid-Eligible Children - home and community-based behavioral health services to supports Medicaid-eligible children with Autism.
- Beneficiaries of Social Security Brochure- brochure to assist Social Security beneficiaries with return to work issues.
- Eligibility Criteria for ADAP’s Programs
- Get Ready for Work!- brochure describing the assistance provided to Social Security beneficiaries to help them overcome barriers that are preventing them from working or from pursuing high education opportunities.
- Getting Hired with HIV/AIDS - one in a series of pamphlets designed to help people living with HIV/AIDS understand the legal rights regarding employment in Alabama.
- Guiding Principles for Transition and Recommendations - These guiding principles and recommendations were compiled by parents and disability advocates who are committed to seeing better life outcomes for students with disabilities.
- Hospitality Hints, Interacting with People with Disabilities - a flyer with helpful hints on interacting with people with disabilities.
- "It's My Job, It's My Life!"- Employment First for Alabamians with Disabilities - a book of personal stories, provider stories, Q & A, benefits planning, recommendations and resources for people with disabilities.
- On Guard: Making Sensible Decisions about Guardianship - A pamphlet proving information about guardianships in Alabama.
- Positively Empowered - a legal guide for people living with HIV/AIDS. This guide is intended as an overview of HIV-related Alabama and federal law.
- Preparing for Your Child's IEP Meeting - A "How-To" Guide
- Privacy on the Job - one in a series of pamphlets designed to help people living with HIV/AIDS understand the legal rights regarding privacy issues.
- Protecting the Rights of People with HIV/AIDS - a flyer for people living with HIV/AIDS.
- Reference Guide for Parents to Seclusion and Restraint in Alabama Schools - As a parent of a child with a disability, this publication will make you aware of the state's new rules, your own school district's policies and procedures, you and your child's rights under these rules, and advocacy steps you can take to work proactively with your child's school to ensure his/her behavioral needs are met and that he/she is safe.
- Respectful Language - A flyer with suggestions for the use of respectful/people first language.
- Returning to Work with HIV/AIDS (SSI) - one in a series of pamphlets designed to help people living with HIV/AIDS understand the legal rights of working while receiving SSI.
- Returning to Work with HIV/AIDS (SSDI) - one in a series of pamphlets designed to help people living with HIV/AIDS understand the legal rights of working while receiving SSDI.
- Sailing My Own Ship, A Guide to Self-Advocacy - a booklet outlining problem solving and communication skills to help you advocate for yourself.
- School Mental Health and Behavioral Services - Would school mental health and behavioral services help your child? This brochure highlights the basic supports your child may be entitled to.
- Seclusion and Restraint Report - A report released by ADAP seeking to restrict the use of seclusion and restraint practices in Alabama schools.
- Special Education: A Right Not A Favor - The complete download.
- SSI for Youth Who Want To Work - employment supports for youth who receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Traumatic Brain Injury - a brochure highlighting ADAP's advocacy work on behalf of persons with TBI
- Voting Booklet - A voting rights booklet for people with disabilities